Many teens are wondering how to find their first job after graduating from high school or getting their GED. Some want to be able to save up for that expensive item they’ve had their eye on while others need the money for more financial-related reasons. However, there are a lot of people out there who don’t realize there are several different types of jobs a teen can get. This article gives you some ideas on what jobs you can do right now if you’re at least 14 years old.
In the United States, 14-year-olds can do most jobs that don’t require a license. They can work for any number of employers and complete any tasks as long as they are under the supervision of an adult. There are some restrictions on what jobs they can do, however. For example, they cannot work in restaurants or bars until they turn 18.
In California, 14-year-olds may not work in places where alcohol is served or consumed, such as bars or restaurants. However, they may work in grocery stores or other retail stores to help customers find items or stock shelves. In California, 14-year-olds may also deliver newspapers or perform other types of newspaper delivery services (such as delivering flyers).
What jobs can a 14 year old do
Many people think that they can’t get a job until they’re 16, but this isn’t true. There are many jobs you can get when you’re 14 years old and these include babysitting, working in a restaurant or the mall and more. Although it is illegal to work without a working permit, there are ways around that if you have your parents permission and don’t expect to be paid.
A 14 year old can work at the mall
- You can work in a store.
- You can work in a food court.
- You can work in a movie theater.
- You can work in a game arcade, like Chuck-E-Cheese or Dave & Busters.
- You can work at an ice cream place (like Dairy Queen or Ben and Jerry’s).
- A 14 year old kid could also get a job working at one of those kiosks that sells watches and sunglasses on the boardwalk near your house, like Sunglass Hut or Goggles4U2BuyNowhere! Just kidding—that was all made up by me just now but I thought it sounded legit as hell so I’m leaving it there for you to use if you want to make some money this summer!
A 14 year old can work in a restaurant
As a rule, you must be at least 14 years old to work in a restaurant. Some states set the age requirement even higher, so check with your state’s labor department for more information on the legal requirements for minors in your area.
When it comes to adults supervising teens in this type of situation, there are some guidelines you should follow: The adult needs to be over 18 and licensed by their state government as an “employee” or “supervisor.” If your child is going to work with other licensed employees (who are over 18), then he or she must also have his/her own license as an employee or supervisor.
A 14 year old can do babysitting if they are not the childs parents
- A 14-year-old can babysit other kids if they have a working permit.
- A 14-year-old can babysit other kids if they are supervised by an adult.
- If you are not the child’s parent, you should be at least 15 years old to work as a babysitter or nanny in Texas.
A 14 year old can be a waiter/waitress in a restaurant if they are supervised by an adult
A 14 year old can be a waiter/waitress in a restaurant if they are supervised by an adult. They must have a working permit and be 16 to work in a restaurant.
There are many jobs that you can get as a 14 year old, but you must be supervised and have a working permit in almost all cases
You can work as a babysitter, yard worker or cashier. However, if you are going to be working in any of these capacities, there are some things you need to know:
- You must be supervised by an adult at all times
- You must have a working permit (sometimes called a work permit) from your local city hall or county court house
- If you are under the age of 14, then it is likely that the person who will be supervising your job will also have their own working permit so that they may legally work with you in this capacity
It is important to recognize that some jobs can be very dangerous and should not be done by a 14 year old. Most of these jobs will not pay as much as a job in the mall or babysitting