What is a comfortable salary for a family of 3? Family income varies depending on location and family size. A comfortable salary depends on whether or not you are able to live on your income comfortably. This is dependent upon how much you need each month to cover your living expenses, food, health care, housing, and car payments.
A comfortable salary is one that allows a family to pay for necessities and still have some savings, as well as a little extra income to spend on entertainment or other things that make life more enjoyable.
A family of three in the United States spends an average of $150,000 per year, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. That includes housing costs, transportation costs, health care costs, food costs and other expenses.
If you want to live comfortably without going into debt or having to struggle with your finances every month, you should consider making at least $100,000 per year. That will allow you to pay for all your basic living expenses without feeling like you’re pinching pennies or living paycheck-to-paycheck.
What is a comfortable salary for a family of 3
A comfortable salary depends on where you live, but generally ranges from $40-65k per person.
A Family of Three Numbers
You will need to know the numbers for your family. You will have to get an idea of your monthly income and expenses. This is important because you want to see what it would cost for a family of three on a monthly basis and an annual basis, so that you can determine how much debt they can afford and what they need to live comfortably.
First, let’s talk about the annual income of your family: $30,000 per year. This means that if you were looking at this household on an annual basis, they would make $3,000 per month or $250 per week (52 weeks). Now let’s talk about their monthly income: $2,500 per month or $250 per week (52 weeks). That gives us a total of around $7,000 annually but closer to $6,500 because we are only looking at one year instead of two years when calculating average salaries so we are missing out on some parts due to inflation over time which makes up the difference between those numbers but not by much!
Two Parents Working
For a family of three with two working parents, an annual income of $100,000 would allow for monthly expenses of $4,000 and savings of $2,000. This can be accomplished by having the highest-earning parent make $70,000 per year and the other making $30,000. The mortgage payments are also factored into this calculation; however it is not mandatory that you have one as long as your current rent fits within your budget.
One Parent Working
If you have one parent working full-time at $50,000 per year and another with a part-time job at $20,000 per year, the total combined salary is $70,000. With this amount of money coming in every month, you can expect to pay the following:
- Mortgage: $1,200
- Utilities: $300 (electricity and phone bill)
- Car Insurance: $90 (annually)
- Groceries/Food: $1,500 (every two weeks)
The Final Tally
The final tally is $83,200. This salary combined with your current income puts you very close to being able to achieve the American dream in terms of health, education and retirement savings; however, it still falls short of actually achieving that dream.
You can increase your salary by working overtime or taking on a second job or even starting your own business. You may also be eligible for government programs like food stamps or unemployment benefits if you’re approved for them.
Instantly saving money by cutting back on expenses would be difficult since many people have mortgages and car payments as well as credit card debt that they need to pay back each month; however there are some things that might help:
- If possible move closer to work – this will save gas money which can add up over time!
- Find cheaper housing in an area closer together with friends and family who live nearby so there are fewer cars on the road during rush hour traffic which means less pollution generated from idling engines while waiting
$90,000 is a comfortable salary for a family of 3 in most parts of the US.
In most parts of the United States, $90,000 is a comfortable salary for a family of 3. The cost of living in most parts of the US is high enough that it’s difficult to live on less than $90,000. But not impossible! Let’s break down why this salary works in some areas and not others.
- What is a comfortable salary? It’s an amount you can live on without worrying about being able to pay your bills and save for retirement, or for future expenses like college tuition for your children. A comfortable salary can be different depending on where you live because costs vary widely between states (and even cities). The rent in New York City will be much more than what you’d pay in rural Kansas – so if you’re earning say $35k each year and renting an apartment with two roommates just outside Manhattan then yes that would definitely be enough money to survive off if nothing else changed like taxes or food costs – but think about how much it would cost if something went wrong with one roommate’s job or visa status; if something happens like this then suddenly everyone has no income whatsoever and now they have nothing left over after paying rent; suddenly all those extra savings meant nothing because they needed them just when everything happened at once!
Based on the survey, we can conclude that the average salary for a family of three in America is $48,000. This means that if you’re earning less than $48k, then you’re probably living paycheck to paycheck and struggling with debt. If this applies to you, then please consider talking to a financial planner who can help make sense of your finances so you don’t end up broke or worse yet bankrupt!