Well paying careers with associates degree

Most people who are looking for well paying careers with associates degree are looking for the best and top degree for them, based on several researches that have been done, the best degree to have in order to get a good job is an associates degrees. This is really important for you because it’s hard when you’re young to expect to have more than one degree, most of the time if you get an associates degree it’s as high as your gonna go, stay and be successful.

With an associate’s degree, you can pursue a wide variety of well-paying careers.

Many associate’s degrees are designed to prepare students for entry-level positions in a particular field. Students who earn associate’s degrees typically enjoy higher starting salaries than those with only a high school diploma or GED.

Employers often prefer hiring candidates with an associate’s degree because they have proven themselves capable of completing college-level courses and projects. They also have the skills necessary to succeed in the workforce.

The following are just some examples of careers that require an associate’s degree:


Computer support specialist

Computer programmer

Well paying careers with associates degree


A lot of people don’t realize that there’s a lot you can do with just an Associates Degree. In fact, many well-paying careers require only an AA, and even those that require a Bachelors might be obtainable with just two years of college. Below are some examples of well-paying careers that can be obtained with an Associates Degree, as well as some data on how much these professionals earn and what the job growth outlook is like

physical therapist

Physical therapists are medical professionals who help patients recover from injuries, illnesses and surgeries. They provide hands-on treatment to people of all ages with activities such as exercise therapy and massage. Physical therapists also evaluate patients’ movement patterns and use innovative techniques to improve mobility, decrease pain and increase strength.

Physical therapist assistants (PTAs) help physical therapists with the daily operations of their practices. PTAs perform many of the same tasks as their supervisors but do not provide hands-on patient care (unless they have been specially trained).

radiation therapist

Radiation therapists work with doctors to diagnose and treat cancer. The job requires an associate’s degree in radiation therapy, which can be earned at a community college or vocational school. On average, these professionals earn $61,000 a year—but if you’re looking for a lucrative career in this field, you’ll have plenty of options. Radiation therapists in the top 10% of earners are pulling in more than $75,000 per year.

nuclear medicine technologist

Nuclear medicine technologists prepare radioactive drugs and administer them to patients to create images of organs and structures within the body. They also perform tests to evaluate the functioning of the thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal glands.

Nuclear medicine technologists analyze medical images called scans such as computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), positron emission tomography (PET) or single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT).

diagnostic medical sonographer

Diagnostic medical sonographers are trained to use ultrasound equipment to create images of internal organs and structures. This process allows diagnostic medical sonographers to examine the body’s inner workings, identify abnormalities, and determine the best course of action for treatment or diagnosis.

As a diagnostic medical sonographer, you would typically need a bachelor’s degree in diagnostic medical sonography (BS). A master’s degree (MS) is also often preferred by employers though not required by all employers.

dental hygienist

As a dental hygienist, you’ll work in a dentist’s office and perform a variety of tasks related to oral health. These can include cleaning teeth, providing preventative care and educating patients on proper oral hygiene. To become a dental hygienist, you must complete an associate degree program that takes two years or less to complete. Once you’ve earned your degree, you must pass an exam administered by the American Dental Association before becoming licensed to practice as a dental hygienist.

Dental hygienists who are licensed are known as licensed dental therapists (LDTs) in some states; these LDTs have additional training beyond what is required for licensed dentists—including knowledge about medications used during procedures that require anesthesia—but they don’t need to be doctors themselves because they’re not administering anesthesia themselves (they’re just assisting).

nuclear technician

Nuclear technicians are responsible for various aspects of nuclear power plant operation, maintenance, and safety. They test equipment and monitor conditions in the plant to ensure that it operates efficiently and safely. Nuclear technicians may also repair or replace damaged parts in nuclear reactors as needed.

To become a nuclear technician, you will need an associate degree from an accredited program at a community college or technical school. You can also earn this degree online if you prefer not to commute or work on campus full-time while getting your education.

occupational therapist assistant and aide

There are two main positions in this field: occupational therapy assistant and aide. The job titles are often used interchangeably, but they should not be confused. An occupational therapist assistant works under the supervision of an occupational therapist and has more responsibility than an aide.

An occupational therapist aide typically assists in the treatment of patients who have been diagnosed with a physical injury or illness that affects their daily living skills. Assistants need a high school diploma or equivalent and training specific to the area they wish to work in (such as speech therapy). Aides typically need no formal education beyond high school, but they must pass state examinations in order to obtain certification from state regulatory agencies; certification typically requires at least one year of full-time experience working directly with patients

cardiovascular technologist and technician

Cardiovascular technologists and technicians work in hospitals, doctors’ offices, or other healthcare facilities. They perform tests and procedures on patients to diagnose conditions like heart disease and high blood pressure. Cardiovascular technologists usually work with a doctor to ensure that patients get the best possible care; they may also work with patients to educate them about their condition.

Cardiovascular technicians are less likely to be licensed than cardiovascular technologists because they don’t perform as many diagnostic tests or procedures on patients (though there’s no reason why a technician couldn’t take the exams).

web developer

A web developer is a job that builds and maintains websites. As a web developer, you have the opportunity to work for yourself or for a company that allows you to set your own hours. You can also make an extremely high salary in this field.

To be successful as a web developer, it’s important that you have an understanding of how the internet works and are good with computers.

emergency management director

Emergency management directors plan, direct and coordinate emergency management functions at the local, state and federal levels. They work for government agencies and public safety organizations. They are responsible for managing and coordinating emergency response teams, such as fire departments and police departments.

Emergency management directors must be able to anticipate future needs of their agency or organization by analyzing trends in emergencies such as fire hazards or natural disasters. They must also be able to recognize when an emergency has occurred so that they can take appropriate action before it gets out of control or affects other areas of the community.

many well paying career paths only require two years of schooling

Many well paying careers require an associate’s degree, but some others only require a bachelor’s degree. Some even pay well and require a master’s degree or PhD. There are also some that pay well and only require a JD.


And finally, if you’re still undecided on how to go about choosing the right college program for you, try thinking back to your early childhood. Did you always have a desire to work with animals? Did you love building things with your Legos as a kid? Do you want to help people in need? Have fun! Take a step back and remember what it was that first drew your attention as a small child. It will help guide you in the right direction.

Leave a Reply