International Students looking to pursue a Bachelor’s degree in Medicine and Health in Turkey can find a total of thirty-five such programs listed out here in different Top-level Turkish Universities.
The Universities of Turkey offer medical degrees in disciplines such as Health Management, Veterinary Medicine Complementary & Alternative Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Human Medicine, Nursing, Midwifery Nutrition &Dietetics, Physiotherapy, Biomedicine, Public Health, Health Sciences, and so on. Ordinarily, obtaining any of these degrees would involve between four and six years of intensive studies
Such a degree would cost around 100 Euros annually as tuition fees at a public university and a bit more at a private one. International students also have an opportunity to apply for a fully-funded Turkish Government Scholarship.
Medical Courses In Turkey
Given below is a list of degree programs in Medicine and Health offered by Turkish Universities:
- Istanbul Altinbas University’s Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine:
This degree program is available at the Istanbul Altinbas University in Istanbul in Turkey. The program is aimed at revolutionizing education in medicine and establishing norms in the field. Excellence in healthcare is also another goal of the program. The bachelor’s degree in medicine program is a six-year full-time program and annual tuition fees stand at Euros 22,046 for overseas students.
- Okan University’s Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine:
The degree program is available at the Okan University in Istanbul in Turkey. The integrated curriculum in medicine features programs in core medical science such as the fields of physiology anatomy, medical biochemistry, histology and embryology, medical microbiology, besides programs in premedical sciences in fields such as genetics, behavioral sciences, and medical biology. The fees for overseas students amount to approximately Euro 19401 per annum and the program includes 6 years of full-time study.
- Okan University’s Bachelor’s Degree in Dentistry:
Okan University in Istanbul, Turkey, also offers a degree program in dentistry that aims to nurture skilled dentists well-prepared with the necessary professional know-how, proficiency and the ability to utilize modern technology ethically, to better people’s lives. The course is a five-year full-time course with a tuition fee that amounts to approximately Euro 16755 per annum for overseas students.
- Yeditepe University’s Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy
Yeditepe University in Istanbul, Turkey, was the first university in Turkey to have its Faculty of Pharmacy recognized as a Foundation University. The faculty only admits the best and top-grade students to the program. The program period covers five years of full-time study for overseas students and the fees for a year of study amount to Euro 16,314.
- Istanbul Altinbas University’s Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy:
Istanbul Altinbas University located in Turkey Istanbul offers a degree program in Pharmacy. The aim of the program is to become a means of serving people by improving their health and standard of living. Toward this purpose, they have created a program of international standards that is student-centric and professional in its approach to education. The program is a full-time program that extends over a period of five years. Annual tuition fees amount to approximately Euro 13228 for overseas students.
- Near East University’s Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine:
Near East University situated in Mersin, Turkey, offers a Bachelor’s Degree program in Medicine. The university’s faculty of medicine, the first in the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, was inaugurated in 2008 on 20th July to coincide with The Peace Operation’s completion of 34 years. Full-fledged academics began on 7th October 2008 with a ‘white coat ceremony. The university offers a 6-year full-time course for overseas students with tuition fees totaling Euros 12600 per annum.
- Koc University’s Bachelor’s Degree in Molecular Biology and Genetics
Koc University located in Istanbul, Turkey, offers a Bachelor in Molecular Biology and Genetics program. The program provides students with an elementary understanding of the various domains of biology. The length of the program is 4 years of full-time study and the tuition fees amount to approximately Euro 12060, annually, for foreign students.
- Near East University’s Bachelor’s Degree in Dentistry
Near East University is situated in Mersin, Turkey, and boasts of instructing students on revolutionary methods in dentistry in the bachelor in a dentistry program. These include remedies for restoring the natural teeth of a person that have been lost using either fixed or mobile prosthetics while adhering to premier international standards. The program lasts for a period of 5 years of full-time study with annual tuition fees for overseas students being Euro 11600.
- Yeditepe University’s Bachelor’s Degree in Genetics and Bioengineering
Yeditepe University’s Genetics and Bioengineering Bachelor’s program comprises a distinctive blend of applications of genetics and bioengineering with a view to nurturing bioengineers and Genetic engineers with strong foundations in elementary and technological learning on biotechnology, bioengineering, and genetics, who would be capable of providing new and ground-breaking responses to challenges within the field. The program is a 4-year full-time program with tuition costs amounting to Euro 11023 annually for foreign students
- Yeditepe University’s Bachelor’s Degree in Biomedical Engineering:
Yeditepe University’s Bachelor’s Degree in Biomedical Engineering belongs to the field of interdisciplinary engineering that uses the basic engineering principles and techniques, and complex quantitative and analytical methods to find solutions to problems that are related to the field of health care. The program is a 4-year full-time program with fees for tuition amounting to Euro 11023 annually for foreign students.
- Yeditepe University’s Bachelor’s Degree in Gastronomy and Culinary Arts
The Yeditepe University’s Gastronomy and Culinary Arts bachelor’s program is the first of its kind in Turkey. It aims to preserve and further the rich and varied culinary art of Turkey by means of a systematic academic setting and also have these traditions disseminated globally. The duration of this full-time course is 4 years with tuition fees amounting to Euro 10141 annually for students from overseas.
- Near East University’s Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy
Near East University in Mersin, Turkey offers a bachelor’s degree program in Pharmacy. The university’s Department of Pharmacology comes equipped with modern high-end equipment and appliances. It caters to scientific research at its well-equipped research laboratories and student laboratories manned by practiced and qualified academicians.
Interdisciplinary projects that are collaborative in nature are also carried out by the department. The degree program has a duration of 5 years of full-time study and tuition fees that amount to Euro 8600 annually for overseas students.
- Near East University’s Bachelor’s Degree in Veterinary Medicine
Near East University also offers a bachelor’s degree in Veterinary Medicine. It is home to the foremost and only faculty of veterinary medicine in the whole of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus. The Faculty was set up under the guidance, broad vision, entrepreneurship, and foresight of Dr. S. Günsel, who was also the Founding Rector of Near East University. For international students, the program has a duration of 5 years of full-time learning, the tuition fees for which amount to Euro 8600.
- Izmir University of Economics Bachelor’s Degree in Biomedical Engineering
The Izmir University of Economics situated in Izmir, Turkey offers a bachelor’s degree course in Biomedical Engineering that is open to foreign students. The program has been planned so as to afford a strong base for students in the fields of engineering, life and physical sciences, and mathematics. The duration of the program for overseas students is a minimum of 4 years of full-time study while tuition fees amount to Euro 8157 per annum.
- Izmir University of Economics Bachelor’s Degree in Health Management
The Izmir University of Economics also offers a bachelor’s degree in Health Management that extends over 4 years. Successful graduates would be addressed as ‘Health Managers’. The course for the program has been constructed to address the distinct needs of professionals within this field. The tuition fee for the course amounts to Euro 8157 annually for overseas students
- Izmir University of Economics Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
The Izmir University of Economics also offers a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing that aims to instruct and prepare students to become exemplary professional nurses who would enjoy universal preference as pioneers in nursing intervention and care, and provide valuable and skilled service in the field. The program involves 4 years of full-time study with fees for the program standing at Euro 8157 annually for overseas students.
- Izmir University of Economics Bachelor’s Degree in Food Engineering
Another degree program offered by the Izmir University of Economics is the Bachelor’s Degree in Food Engineering. The program has been planned in a manner that would allow students to experience the technological and intellectual progress made in the field of food engineering globally. During their last semester, students would be able to experience the industrial application of their learning, with practical, on-the-job training. The time span of the program is 4 years and it is a full-time course with its fees amounting to Euro 8157 annually, for overseas students.
- Yeditepe University’s Bachelor’s Degree in Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation
Yeditepe University offers another great program with its Bachelor’s Degree in Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation. Students graduating post the 4-year program would be regarded as professional physiotherapists. This is a full-time program and the tuition fees for overseas students would amount to Euro 7496 annually.
- Yeditepe University’s Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics
Yet another offering from Yeditepe University is the Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics. On successful completion of the 4-year program, graduates would be regarded as professional dieticians. The program has to be pursued full-time and tuition fees for the same amount to Euro 7496 annually for international students.
- Bahcesehir University’s Bachelor’s Degree in Biomedical Engineering
Biomedical Engineering is a relatively new discipline in the field of engineering. The process of finding solutions to a multitude of problems has resulted in specialization and expansion of the engineering field. Specialization has led to the development of newer disciplines in engineering, and biomedical engineering is one such discipline.
The discipline has been gaining popularity and maturing over the past few decades. The program offered by Bahcesehir University, located in Istanbul, is 4 years long and is a full-time course. Tuition fees amounting to Euro 6967 would be collected from overseas students annually.
- Near East University’s Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics:
Another course offered by Near East University is the Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics. The University’s Department of Nutrition and Dietetics is made up of the academic departments of Food and Nutrition Sciences and Medical Nutrition Treatment. The program is offered for overseas students is a 4-year full-time course with tuition fees amounting to Euro 5600 annually.
- Okan University’s Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics:
Okan University founded the Department of Nutrition and Dietetics in the year 2010 with the intention of instructing students theoretically and encouraging them to perform research within the field. It was with this purpose that the Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics was instituted at the university. The program is 4 years long and is a full-time program, with the university charging overseas students tuition fees of Euro 5203 annually.
- BAU’s Bachelor’s Degree in Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation:
This degree program was established at BAU for the purpose of instructing and arming healthcare professionals with the necessary tools and techniques to enable them to design and execute essential plans for the rehabilitation or physical therapy of patients as developed by their doctors post-diagnosis. The time span of the program for overseas students is 4 years with a full-time study plan, while the tuition fees would amount to Euro 4877 annually.
- Ondokuz Mayis University’s Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine:
The Ondokuz Mayis University is situated in Samsun, Turkey. The university claims that the students who studied there had an edge over their peers in the profession. The university has been at the forefront in the teaching of medicine for more than 40 years. It has attained excellence in this field, and over the years, has been able to produce the finest practitioners of medicine.
The program offered by the university spans a period of 6 years of full-time study and costs international students Euro 3597 annually in tuition fees.
- Bezmialem Vakif University’s Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
Bezmialem Vakif University is located in Istanbul and it offers degree programs in nursing at the undergraduate level as well as at the graduate level. The undergraduate program has a duration of 4 years of full-time study with annual tuition fees amounting to Euro 1414 for overseas students.
- Ondokuz Mayis University’s Bachelor’s Degree in Dentistry
Ondokuz Mayis University also offers a degree program in dentistry. The program has a time span of 5 years of full-time study. Annual tuition fees for overseas students amount to Euro 1323.
- Hacettepe University’s Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine
Hacettepe University situated in Ankara offers a Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine. Its faculty of medicine strives to instill a sense of duty in the students and imbibe them with a visionary outlook, so that they become self-reliant and motivated, and are able to overcome challenges and problems using the knowledge and expertise they have gained through their learning.
Students are required to be diligent and thorough and need to carefully abide by the principles laid down in medicine. This full-time study program for international students has a time span of 3 years and the annual tuition fees amount to Euro 761.
- Ondokuz Mayis University’s Bachelor’s Degree in Veterinary Medicine
Through its Bachelor’s Degree in Veterinary Medicine, the Ondokuz Mayis University strives to make available up-to-date knowledge and cutting-edge skills in the field of veterinary medicine. Innovation and the pursuit of excellence in academics are encouraged at the university. Its approach to education is student-centric and systematic, with success being established and rewarded through a process of constant assessment and feedback.
The length of this program in veterinary medicine is 4 years of full-time study and the fees for it, as applicable to international students, amount to Euro 283 annually.
- Ondokuz Mayis University’s Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics:
Another medical degree offered by the Ondokuz Mayis University is the Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics. This program has a duration that extends to 4 full-time years of study, while the tuition fees that international students could expect to remit to the university annually would amount to Euro 182.
- Cyprus International University’s Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation Training:
Cyprus International University located in Ankara in Turkey offers international students the opportunity to pursue a bachelor’s degree in Recreation Training. Students pursuing this program could opt for courses belonging to the spheres of sports performance, recreational sports, and exercises for health. The course offered is a 4-year full-time course.
- Cyprus International University’s Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics
Cyprus International University also has a course on Nutrition and Dietetics in the field of medicine and healthcare. The primary object of the Nutrition and Dietetics department of the university was to improve people’s health and resistance to disease, to ensure society had access to adequate and balanced nutrition, to increase the manpower in the field, and to contribute to society by means of research and studies in the field. This bachelor’s degree is accessible to overseas students as a 4-year full-time program.
- Cyprus International University’s Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing:
Another degree offered to international students by Cyprus International University is the Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing. The course lasts for 4 years and is a full-time course.
- Cyprus International University’s Bachelor’s Degree in Care Management:
International students also have the option of studying for a Bachelor’s Degree in Care Management at Cyprus International University. The program has been set up to make available qualified and trained employees and executives to various hospitals, health care institutions, rehabilitation centers, and so on. The program has a time span of 4 years of full-time study.
- Cyprus International University’s Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy:
Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy of the Cyprus International University looks to provide rigorous training in the field to its students so that they rank among the best in their particular spheres. The program would incorporate both practical and theoretical learning into the curriculum. The program offered to international students is a full-time program that extends over a 4-year period.
- Maltepe University’s Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine
Maltepe University in Istanbul has made available a Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine for overseas students. The purpose of the program was to provide trained and qualified doctors, well-versed in the ethical aspects and legalities of medicine, who approached problems with an open and curious mind, could identify the physio-pathogenesis, medical, and diagnostic aspects of various diseases, and could employ fundamental medical methodology in the process of diagnosis and treatment. The program extends over a period of 6 years of full-time study.
advantages of studying medicine in turkey
Studying in turkey will give you the access to world class laboratories, latest technological advancements, a conducive atmosphere for educational and life perusing, you will also have the opportunity to be taught by world class professors, Doctors and masters in the field of medicine.
postgraduate medical courses in turkey
The MSc in Immunology (Non-Thesis) program at Koç University’s Graduate School of Health Sciences will give you both detailed theoretical information about basic immunological mechanisms, and practical tools to use this information in the field of health.
The aim of the program is to investigate the effect of immunological processes on the formation of diseases, especially cancer, and to develop a translational researcher perspective that addresses critical questions about treatment, and to conduct high-impact studies in this field.
The program offers courses that will allow you to develop a broad multidisciplinary approach to basic immunology knowledge such as advanced clinical immunology, transplantation, neuro-immunology, allergy, autoimmunity, tolerance, tumor immunology, infection, and immunity.
What is unique about our MSc in Immunology?
The MSc in Immunology at Koç University is the first and only program of its kind in Turkey and offers the same level of research facilities and career opportunities that can be expected from highly reputable programs in European or North American universities.
MSc Immunology Non-Thesis students have access through the final project supervisors to Koç University’s Translational Medicine Research Center (KUTTAM) and several of the university’s 300+ research laboratories in a structure that aims to improve human health by bringing together life sciences, social sciences, engineering, and medicine. This helps you as a student to:
- Become comfortable working in a multidisciplinary working culture, as Immunology is an interdisciplinary science.
- Adapt to contemporary technological developments
- Provide important contributions to the development of new solutions for the problems of human health in the medium and long term in Turkey or your own country through all kinds of new treatment options, diagnostic kits, medical device development, medicines, and drugs for the diagnosis, treatment, monitoring and control of diseases, their mitigation and prevention.
- Courses are taught by highly qualified faculty members in Immunology but also from other fields of medicine such as molecular genetics, microbiology, histology, biochemistry, pharmacology, biomedical engineering, pediatrics, dermatology, chest diseases, neurology, ophthalmology, gynecology, internal and surgery giving you an integrated Education.
Is this program the right fit for my academic background and potential?
You may be the type of student we are looking for in our MSc in Immunology Non-Thesis if you:
- Graduated with a good GPA and from a reputable university in Turkey or your country with BS/MS degree in Basic Sciences (biology, chemistry, molecular biology and genetics, physics, mathematics, psychology, etc) or Health Sciences (dentistry, veterinary medicine, medical biology, physical therapy and rehabilitation, nutrition and dietetics, nursing, etc) or MD degree.
- Have taken or are preparing to take one of the required graduate school entrance exams such as GRE or ALES (for Turkish applicants)
- Would like to complete this Master’s degree to be skilled and prepared for a career as an Immunologist in different fields or institutions where immunology studies in biomedical research, healthcare, agriculture, and environmental monitoring are carried out such as universities, the pharmaceutical industry, the biotechnology industry, government-funded institutes, public or private hospitals, laboratories, and research agencies.
- Are able to fund your graduate education and living expenses in Istanbul (housing, meals, books, other) through self-funding or through sponsorship from your employer or other national or international scholarship or educational loan providers.
Application Evaluation and Decision Announcement
• Resume / CV (Personal and Educational Background Information)
• Statement of Purpose
• 3 Recommendation Letters for PhD applicants, 2 Recommendation Letters for MSc applicants
• Official transcripts from all the universities attended
• TOEFL IBT test score: 80 points for PhD and MSc applicants
• GRE test score: 156 points in quantitative for PhD applicants, 149 points in quantitative for MSc applicants
The tuition fee of the MSc Immunology program is 9.800 USD.