Video editing is a great way to get hands-on experience with a wide range of software and technologies, as well as learn about new trends in the field. Here’s how you can take your video editing skills to the next level.
- Learn what goes into making an edit.
For example, if you’re editing footage from an interview, you’ll need to know how to cut sound bites and create transitions between them. If your project is about a product launch, you might need to add logos or other elements that indicate where each part of your story will go. The more familiar you are with the process, the better prepared you’ll be when it comes time to edit your own projects.
- Try using different types of software or programs for different parts of your project. This can help you get more familiar with different features and techniques so that when it comes time to use them again (e.g., when editing another project), they’ll be easy for you to recall without having to look up everything all over again!
- Start small—with simple projects first before moving on up toward more complex ones over time as these become easier for you too!
Internship For Video Editing
What Are Video Editor Internship Opportunities?
Video editor internship opportunities are available to students and recent graduates of a degree or certificate program focused on learning video editing techniques and skills. Whether they’re for school credit or paid, these internships provide training for budding video editors and are a way to get your foot in the door as you gain skills and experience. As an intern, your duties and responsibilities center around learning how to edit various footage according to production specifications. You learn how to use video editing software to transform raw footage into what audiences see at the movies or on television, including commercials, advertisements, or local news efforts.
How Can I Get a Video Editor Internship?
There are various video editor internship opportunities. News stations and digital media companies alike offer these positions across the country, guiding film students and recent grads through the process of editing and releasing varying styles of work. For internships that require you to receive school credit, you must be enrolled as a student in a relevant degree or certificate program. For most paid opportunities, the qualifications include having a relevant degree or certificate, a digital portfolio, and knowledge of video editing software such as Adobe Premiere, Final Cut, and Avid Media Composer. In general, you need excellent attention to detail and the ability to take direction while training.
- Video Editing InternHME3.3Carlsbad, CAInternship
- Video editing skills, Abode suite preferred.
- This intern will be assisting (Frank) and contributing to the HME training materials.
- Video Production InternshipReading Royals4.3Reading, PA 19602Internship
- The Video Production intern will assist with shooting, editing, and organizing videos and graphics.
- Produce videos as directed by your supervisor and your own…
- Video Production Intern (Summer 2022)Magnet Media, Inc.2.7New York, NYInternship
- Ideal candidate may have interest and experience with videography/filmmaking, video editing, graphic design, animation, or coordinating video productions.
- • Video InternshipThe Renew Democracy InitiativeNew York, NY 10017(Midtown area)Full-time+2
- Significant knowledge of video editing and production is a must.
- Assisting with all elements of video editing and production, including but not limited to:…
- PAID INTERNSHIP – Video Production SpecialistMonster Energy4.1Corona, CA 92879Full-time+1
- Stay abreast of new trends in content and technology in the editing, motion graphic and video production communities and suggest and share new ways to implement…
- VIDEO PRODUCTION INTERNTone HouseNew York, NYInternship
- The Video Production Intern assists the production team with tasks such as filming, editing, and producing various promotional video content including but not…
- Marketing InternshipVirginPulse3.3RemoteEstimated $27.6K – $35K a yearInternship
- Bonus points for Excel, LinkedIn, Photoshop, HubSpot and video editing skills.
- Contribute to content library by designing original content (written and video)…
- 2022 Summer Social Media InternConnecticut Public Broadcasting, Inc.4.0Remote in Hartford, CT$13 an hourPart-time+1Responsive employer
- Adobe programs and/or other video and audio editing software.
- Hours: 11-weeks with a maximum of 20 hours per week.
- Create digital assets for social.
- Video Production InternshipsThe Korea Society4.8New York, NY 10017(Midtown area)InternshipEvening shift
- Editing (video and/or audio).
- Preparation of audio and video files for Web distribution.
- Applicants should display an interest in Korean or Asian issues and be…
- Creative Marketing InternAmerican Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA)3.5RemoteEstimated $24.5K – $31.1K a yearInternship
- AAFA offers a virtual internship in the Communications and Marketing department.
- The intern will be educated on Email marketing software, website editing,…
- newInternship – Web Editor and Social Media (Spanish)United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)4.4RemoteEstimated $22.1K – $27.9K a yearInternship
- Native Spanish speaker with solid Spanish writing and editing skills;
- Provide assistance in curating and presenting stories, images and videos in UNDP’s web…
- Social Media Intern, The Everygirl Media GroupThe Everygirl Media GroupRemoteEstimated $26.6K – $33.6K a yearPart-time+1
- Familiarity with video content creation and editing.
- Collaborate with the team to create informative and entertaining graphics and video content.
- Graphic Design Intern – Summer ’22ClareRemotePart-time+1
- We offer valuable experience, hourly pay, or school credit, plus a fun, diverse and collaborative working environment.
- Design emails and marketing assets.
- newFall Digital Media InternshipSouthern Texas PGASpring, TX 77373$9 an hourInternship
- Basic photo and video editing skills.
- Facilitating graphic design requests (sizing and editing images, etc.).
- Interview juniors, parents, and PGA Professionals.
- Digital Media and Content InternNew York RiptideGarden City, NYEstimated $27.8K – $35.2K a yearPart-time+1
- This position will be well-versed in shooting, editing and distributing video content to various platforms and departments in various formats within the…