Before we take on new independent contractor travel agents AKA Disney Travel Agents, we would like you to know what our preliminary requirements are before you will be considered. If you feel that you qualify and these all check out, please write back to hear from us regarding the next step. Also we have put together a complete guide to becoming a Disney travel agent. This free guide should be extremely helpful so you understand what a travel agent does, how to pick a travel agency, and how to be a great travel agent. You can read the guide to being a travel agent here.
We feel it’s important to be experienced in sales in general. Are you an influencer? Do people look to you for advice? Are you self motivated?
What you need to be a “Disney Travel Agent”
- In addition to general sales experience, you must be a US citizen and have no criminal record.
- As an Disney travel specialist of Pixie Vacations, you are representing the whole company. We ask that you are kind and friendly, while at the same time, you have to be professional and serious. For some, this is a once-in-a-lifetime vacation, and they have saved for a long time to do it.
- To be a Disney vacation planner with Pixie Vacations you must have excellent verbal and written skills. You must be organized and have excellent computer skills. You need your own resources to do your Disney travel planner job. A PC, Internet access, a mobile phone are needed of course so you can do your job as a Disney travel planner.
- You will have to determine what will make the best vacation for your clients. The perfect Disney get-away for you might not be the best for your client. You will have to listen to the clients’ wants and needs (and budget), and then make the best recommendations based on what you learn.
- You have to have a good sales personality. Although most clients are eager to book a vacation, you still have to be a ‘salesman.’ You need connections and circles with contacts.
- You need a place to draw from and build your business. You can’t just put an ad in the community paper, sit back, and watch the leads roll in. You need a marketing plan, funds and the drive to execute on your goal to be a successful travel agent. We will help you learn Disney destinations, but you need to be active in communities and social circles in your community so you have a group of people that already know you and that will plan their vacation with you.
- Being a Pixie Vacations Disney travel agent takes a lot of work, and we expect sales. We want to see you booking an average of one vacation per month, only to increase with time. This is not a position for the hobbyist.
- Think about your sales action plan. How will you get in front of people to sell vacation experiences?
- If you want to just sell Disney vacations that is fine, but clients will want to vacation at other destinations. We have training on all cruise lines, All-Inclusive Resorts, Universal Orlando Resort, River Cruises, and more. Once you get a client you want to keep them.
This post is not meant to discourage you, but we get hundreds of requests each year at Pixie Vacations for Disney focused travel agent positions.