ITIL certifications are widely recognized as industry standards. Employers around the world consider ITIL compliance an important part of their hiring process. There are thousands of jobs you can get with your ITIL certification. Becoming an ITIL certified ASP and IT consultant, operations manager or service management expert can help you get ahead in your career and make more money.
The basic ITIL certification can be a great way to start your career in the IT industry. The more advanced certifications are more specialized, and may not be as applicable to many entry-level jobs. However, they can help you move into more advanced positions in your current field or open up new doors in related fields.
Here’s a look at some of the jobs that you might be able to get with an ITIL certification:
- The most basic certification—Foundation—is a good starting point for people who want to work in software development, IT service management, or operations management. It’s also a great foundation for anyone who wants to work as an IT professional but doesn’t have any formal training or education yet.
- With the Intermediate level certification, you’ll be well-prepared for any role that requires knowledge of how an organization uses technology to plan and deliver its service offerings. This includes roles like project manager, business analyst, and technical architect. Intermediate-level certification is also required for some more advanced positions like senior consultant or manager.
- At the Expert level, you’ll have deep understanding of how IT functions within an organization and how it impacts other departments’ goals and objectives
What jobs can you get with itil certification
What jobs can you get with ITIL certification?
The answer depends on a few factors. Whether you are just starting out or already working in the field, these certifications will help you advance your career and increase your salary. No matter what type of work you do, having an ITIL certification shows that you are serious about your career and committed to making a difference in the workplace.
Service Desk Manager
Service Desk Manager
You’ll be managing the activities of the service desk, which can be a complex process. You’ll have to make sure that your team is well-organized and able to handle any requests from customers. It’s also your job to make sure that everyone knows how to use the tools provided by ITIL to complete their work effectively and efficiently.
Problem Management Specialist
- Understand the problem.
- Identify the cause.
- Recommend a solution.
- Implement the solution.
- Test the solution.
- Ensure the solution is effective and implemented correctly.
- Monitor and document the status of all problems to ensure that they are effectively managed by Problem Management processes in accordance with ITIL best practices, standards and procedures
IT Support Specialist
If you’re interested in working with computers and technology, then it’s possible to get a job as an IT support specialist. An IT support specialist helps people use computer systems effectively by providing technical assistance and troubleshooting problems.
A typical day as an IT support specialist could include:
- Troubleshooting failed software or hardware installations
- Creating and distributing internal technical documentation for employees to use
- Installing new software onto computers, including installing updates from vendors such as Microsoft or Apple
IT Support Specialists need a high school diploma or equivalent certification, along with some on-the-job training before being able to work independently. These professionals can expect salaries between $33,000 – $62,000 annually based on location and industry experience; however salaries vary widely depending on location and certifications/degrees earned (or not).
Project Manager for IT Services
Project Manager for IT Services is a senior role that requires knowledge and experience of ITIL. A project manager for IT services is responsible for all stages of the project life cycle, from initiation to closure. The project manager must ensure that projects are delivered within time, budget and quality expectations. They must also ensure that the right people are involved in each stage of the project, as this can have a direct impact on its success or failure. Their responsibilities include:
- Keeping track of all aspects of a particular task (e.g., cost estimates)
- Managing multiple projects at once
- Overseeing scheduling processes
As you might guess, ITIL Expert is a senior level certification. It’s designed for project managers and team leaders who are responsible for IT service management (ITSM) in an organization. The exam covers five process areas: Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation, and Continual Service Improvement.
To be eligible to take the ITIL Expert exam you must have at least three years of professional experience in an IT service management role or one year of experience plus two years studying or working toward your ITIL Foundation certification or equivalent accreditation or training program recognized by the Project Management Institute (PMI). You also need an intermediate knowledge of the following topics: product development lifecycle; business analysis; change management; performance management; cost accounting; risk assessment and control; configuration management; quality assurance systems design principles and practices including change control systems design principles and practices such as configuration management system design principles and practices including software development life cycle processes such as software testing methodologies including requirements gathering techniques used during software testing phases using tools like Rational Sure Step 6i which is a tool used for managing automated tests written using XML scripts called test cases together with requirements gathered from stakeholders during review sessions whereby these test cases are executed against a target environment before deploying new code into production environments etcetera .
There are many jobs available with a certification in ITIL.
The ITIL certification is a certification that many employers look for when hiring IT professionals. It’s important to know that it is not a job description, but rather a framework for IT service management. The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) has created this framework as an international standard for how organizations can manage their IT services.
Since this certification is recognized by many employers and organizations, it gives you the opportunity to get your foot in the door of companies where otherwise you might not have been able to work with ITIL certification alone.
ITIL is a valuable certification because it illustrates your commitment to the professional IT Service Management field and your willingness to pursue excellence. Whether you’re looking for higher pay or job security, this certification can help your career in a number of ways, from getting promoted faster and better recognition from employers who know its value to landing positions that would have been impossible without it. Remember that there are many different routes that you can take with an ITIL certification—but whatever path you choose, remember to keep up on the latest trends so that you don’t fall behind!