If you’re 17 and wondering what jobs can you get with a part time job, then you’re in the right place. In this guide, you will find out about some of the best entry level jobs for teens that are between 13 to 18 years old.
There are many jobs that a 17 year old can get, but there are also some jobs that they cannot. The first thing you should do is to ask yourself what kind of job you want to get. Do you want a job that will require you to work in an office, or do you want to work outside? If your answer is outside work, then consider jobs like landscaping or construction. Both of these jobs require physical labor and are usually done by younger people.
If you’re looking for an office job, then consider customer service positions or retail stores. These types of positions often require less physical labor than jobs outside and can be easier for teenagers to get because they don’t have much experience yet in the workforce.
Another option if you’re still in high school is to apply for an internship at a company where you’d like to work after graduation. This way, when it comes time for graduation and job hunting season begins again next year (or even sooner), employers will already know who you are and what kind of skillsets they can expect from someone with your background and experience level
What jobs can a 17 year old get
Congratulations! You’re close to being a legal adult, which means you can start the process of earning your own money. Teenagers are often encouraged to get work experience while they’re young, and even if you don’t need the money, having a job is great for your resume and gives you an excuse to explore your interests. And with many adults out of work right now, there are ample opportunities for teenagers as well. If you want to start working as soon as possible, read on for some ideas on what jobs a 17-year-old can get.
You can work as a camp counselor or child care worker.
If you are 17, you can get a job as a camp counselor or child care worker.
As a camp counselor, you will be responsible for supervising kids at summer camps. You may also help with activities and lead games and lessons. In this job, you will work outdoors in all kinds of weather so it is important to be comfortable with the outdoors and able to handle being outdoors in hot or cold temperatures with rain or shine!
As a child care worker, you may work at daycares where children attend before school starts up again as well as after school when they return home from school until parents pick them up. As part of your responsibilities as a child care worker, your tasks may include feeding kids breakfast at 6:30 am before school starts; preparing lunches for 30+ kids who attend before-school programs; helping kids find their way around the building if they get lost; taking them outside (weather permitting) when requested by parents who want their child to go outside instead of inside where there isn’t enough room for all 30+ students; cleaning up spills made by food items such as applesauce cups which inevitably end up on floors every day due to poor eating habits amongst 5 year olds etc…
You can work for an event planning company or catering company.
Event planning and catering companies are always looking for teenagers who have good people skills, are organized and can handle the long hours of work that come with these jobs. Event planners must be flexible and able to multi-task as they handle event setup, coordination of details such as flowers, tablecloths, lighting and audio equipment. You’ll also need to handle customer service issues. Catering companies hire teens for entry level positions in food preparation (slicing meats), serving food at events or delivering orders on bicycles or on foot.
You can babysit.
A babysitting job is a great way to earn money if you’re at home on the weekends. You can babysit for friends and family, but you also may be able to find work with neighbors or strangers. If you live in an area where there are many families with young children, this will be especially easy!
If you want to take advantage of your skills as a young adult, consider applying for jobs with babysitting agencies. These companies usually hire people based on their experience level rather than age; however, there is typically an upper limit on how old they’ll let their employees get before firing them due to not being able to relate well enough with kids anymore.
There are also apps available now that allow users (usually parents) who need help hiring someone local through an app while they’re away at work or otherwise occupied doing something else besides caring for their own children full time throughout every day during weekdays or weekends depending on availability
You can take the exam to be a notary public.
You can take the exam to be a notary public.
To become a notary public, you must pass an examination and have taken an oath. You may take the examination online or at a testing center. If you are under 18, your parents must give permission for you to take this test and receive your commission as a notary public.
You can take the exam to become a real estate salesperson.
The requirements to take the exam are:
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must have a high school diploma or GED certificate, pass an approved real estate course and successfully complete the required hours of supervised experience.
- You must pass a criminal background check with no felony convictions within five years of applying for licensure as well as other requirements specific to your state and/or county (if applicable). The cost for taking the exam varies by state, but typically ranges from $200-$400 depending on what kind of license you’re seeking (i.e., salesperson vs broker), which agency administers it and whether there are any additional fees involved with submitting fingerprints for criminal background checks or paying application fees directly through them (more info here). It usually takes anywhere from three months up until six months after passing before being able to get licensed because they’ll need time in between those steps before they can actually issue any licenses–this includes filling out paperwork in person at their office during business hours so make sure you set aside enough time so nothing gets delayed!
You can get a job in retail.
You can get a job in retail. Many retailers hire teenagers, especially during the summer and on weekends. Retail jobs are ideal for students who do not have a lot of money to spend on food, clothing and other necessities.
- What kind of jobs can you get?
- You can work as a cashier or sales associate at clothing stores, shoe stores or department stores like Sears or Walmart. You can also work as an assistant florist at flower shops and gift shops like Hallmark Cards & Gifts Inc., which sell cards and gifts for special occasions such as birthdays, weddings and graduations.
- How much will I make?
- Depending on where you live (for example: big city vs small town), how many hours you want to put in each week (full time vs part time) and what position(s) you choose within that company/store (e.g.: Cashier vs Florist). The best way to determine salary is by doing research online using websites such as Glassdoor or Indeed before applying for any positions just so that there aren’t any surprises later down the road when it comes time for payroll reports etcetera 🙂
You can be a lifeguard, tennis instructor, swim instructor, ski/snowboard instructor or water-sports instructor.
- Lifeguard: You need a first aid certificate and CPR certificate. You also have to be able to swim, work well with people, and work in a team.
- Tennis instructor: To be a tennis instructor you need to be able to communicate with people of all ages. You have to know the rules of the game and how it’s played. You should also be able to work in teams with other instructors.
- Swim Instructor: Swimming instructors must have basic swimming skills that are approved by their employer (swim level 1 or 2). They must also know how to teach water safety for children aged 4 – 7 years old.
You can work at a fast food restaurant.
You can work at a fast food restaurant.
- You can work as a cashier at a fast-food restaurant.
- You can work as a cook in the kitchen at a fast-food restaurant, or you can be trained to take orders and make drinks at the counter.
- You can manage an entire location all on your own if you want, or you could work up through the ranks until you’re making $15 an hour and traveling around with other managers looking for new locations to open up shop in next!
- The possibilities are endless!
If you are good with pets, you may be able to pet sit or dog walk.
If you are good with pets, you may be able to pet sit or dog walk. You need to be responsible, have good references and customer service skills. You will have to follow instructions and be able to take care animals. It’s also important that you clean up after the animals because sometimes they can make a mess when they are outside playing.
Do something creative like painting houses, making crafts and selling them online or working as a movie extra.
If you’re good with pets, you may be able to pet sit or dog walk. If you have artistic skills, you can also sell your artwork on sites like Etsy and Amazon.
There are a lot of options for 17 year olds looking for work
If you’re a 17 year old looking for work, there are many different options. You can do something creative like writing or art. You can work with animals or children. You can work with people and help them solve their problems over the phone. You could also work in food services, or as a mechanic fixing cars, or as an IT technician helping computers run smoothly again after they crash.
The possibilities really are endless when it comes to jobs that you can get as a young person!
I hope that this blog post has given you some ideas about where to look for work. Don’t get discouraged if you don’t find a job right away, it can take time to get hired. Sometimes employers want to hire someone with more experience or are looking for specific skills that you may not have yet. Be sure to let people know about your interest in doing an internship and sometimes referrals from friends and family can help too!