What jobs can a 10 year old get? A lot more than you might realize! You might think they’re all minimum wage jobs with no skills required, like fast food and movie theatre attendent, or other entry level jobs that don’t require a ton of skill. And, yes, there are certainly plenty of entry level jobs that fit this description. However, you’ll be surprised at the number of fun and exciting options child workers actually have! In fact, many occupations for kids let them work at home with flexible schedules, earning their first paycheck from home. These options let them earn money while having a great time!
There are a lot of jobs that a 10 year old can get. You just need to look at the job requirements and see if you meet them.
For example, if you want to be a cashier, you will need to be able to count money and have good customer service skills. If you want to be an ice hockey player, you will need to be quick on your feet and have fast reflexes.
There are also jobs that require more than one person such as garbage collectors or house cleaners. These jobs pay well because they take up a lot of time!
What jobs can a 10 year old get
Welcome to the world of employment! You might be looking for a job because you’re saving up for something special, like a video game or a toy, or you might be saving up for something important, like college. Either way, there are lots of ways to earn some cash. Here’s a list of jobs that people 10 years old can do:
Newspaper Delivery Person
There are many ways you can get a job delivering newspapers. You can start by contacting the local paper that you would like to deliver papers for, and asking them if they’re hiring any delivery people. Some papers may require that you be at least 12 years old in order to work there, but most do not have age restrictions.
It is important that when applying for a newspaper delivery job, it is best to apply with another person who will also be driving around delivering papers with you. This way if one person gets sick or has something come up which prevents them from being able to continue working for several days at a time, then the other person can pick up where their friend left off without having too much trouble keeping up with deliveries on their own (as long as they have been doing so previously).
Also remember that newspaper delivery jobs tend not only include delivering newspapers but also taking care of any advertising needs which arise while out on your route – so make sure these things fit within your schedule before applying!
Dish-washing is a great job for a 10 year old. To be successful, you will need to be able to lift heavy objects, work in a hot environment and work long hours. You also need to be able to work well under pressure and with others. Most of all, you’ll need the ability to work independently and solve problems on your own.
Bake Sale Employee
- A bake sale is a fundraiser where people sell baked goods.
- The purpose of a bake sale is to make money for non-profit organizations (schools, charities, church groups) or personal causes. It can be used as an opportunity for getting teenagers involved in their communities.
- Duties include: keeping the kitchen clean and organized; preparing the ingredients for baking; washing dirty dishes; arranging baked goods on trays or plates; selling products at events held by local businesses; setting up tables with signs directing people to your location; answering questions about pricing and hours of operation (if applicable); closing down shop when all sales have been made or after a predetermined time limit has expired
- Babysitting is a great way for 10 year olds to earn money. They can learn about the world of work, get experience with kids, and earn some extra cash in the process. Plus, it’s a good way to get references!
- You don’t have to be an adult to baby-sit – many parents prefer having another responsible child help out with their children instead of an adult (especially if there are younger siblings).
- Many families use babysitters because they want their kids taken care of while they go out for date nights or parties.
Cleaning jobs are easy to get, since they can be done after school and on weekends. You can work for a company or for yourself. You could get paid by the hour or by the job, depending on your agreement with your client.
You could make a lot of money if you’re willing to work hard (and pay your taxes). It’s possible to get training and certifications that will help increase your chances of getting hired as well!
Lawn Care Worker
Lawn Care Worker
If you are a 10 year old with a love for lawn care, you may want to consider this job. It can be fun and will allow you to make your own money.
- Find someone who needs lawn care done in their yard and ask them if they would like your help doing it. If they say yes, then go ahead and do the work that they want done on their lawn so that they will pay you for it!
- Make sure that everything is cleaned up after each time that you have worked on the person’s yard so as to keep things looking nice for as long as possible without having any issues later on down the road when doing more work needed out there again too soon before there is enough time between visits from other people such as yourself (me).
Lemonade Stand Owner
- You need to buy a stand
- You need to buy lemons
- You need to buy sugar
- You need to buy cups
- You need to buy a cash register (or use your phone) and some price stickers if you don’t have one already. If you do, then great! Be sure not to forget the batteries.
- A sign or poster board is very important for advertising, but you might also want some tablecloths in case it rains on your first day of business.
Pet Sitter or Dog Walker
- Look for a pet sitting or dog walking job in your area. You can find these by searching online or asking friends and family if they know of any available positions.
- Take care of the animals you’re responsible for by feeding them, watering them, cleaning out their cages, playing with them (if appropriate), and making sure they are comfortable during all hours of the day.
- Handle dogs with care; if bitten by a dog, seek medical attention immediately. If you suspect your dog has fleas, take it to a veterinarian as soon as possible so they can prescribe medication that will fight off the parasites that cause this problem.
Get a paper route, walk dogs, babysit little kids.
- Get a paper route.
- Walk dogs.
- Babysit little kids.*
10 year olds can do these jobs, and they can earn some money doing them! If you’re interested in one of these jobs, read on to find out how much you could make, who to contact for an application, what qualifications you need (if any), what to know before taking the job and more.
There are many great jobs for 10 year olds to make money and have fun at the same time. These include newspaper delivery person, dishwasher, bake sale employee, babysitter, cleaning crew, lawn care worker and lemonade stand owner. If you have any other suggestions please let us know!