What jobs can 17 year olds get? Whether you’re a teen looking for an after school job or you haven’t started your career yet and want to know what jobs are available for you, the options are almost endless.
The truth is that there are many jobs that 17-year-olds can get. This can be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on what kind of teenager you are and what kind of work you want to do.
The first thing you need to know about jobs for 17-year-olds is that there are some jobs that are considered dangerous for anyone under 18 years old, no matter how mature they might be. These include working with heavy machinery or equipment, construction sites where there’s an increased risk of falling off scaffolding or other structures, and other environments where there’s a risk of physical harm if you’re not careful.
The second thing is that many states have laws limiting the types of jobs that can be performed by minors (those under 18 years old). Some states require 16- or 17-year-olds to work only during school hours or only during the summer break from school. Other states restrict the amount of time worked per day or week—for example, 8 hours per day instead of 10 hours per day like adults would be allowed to work in those same industries.
If your state has such laws then it’s important to know them before applying for any job because if these laws aren’t followed then employers could face fines as well as
What jobs can 17 year olds get
As you approach your 17th birthday, you may be wondering what options are open to you as a teenager. Are there jobs you can get at 17 years old? The good news is that at 17, your job options are no longer limited to babysitting and cutting lawns. While that is still an option, many businesses now hire people who are 17 years old to work as cashiers and salespeople. Some supermarkets even hire 16-year-olds for this type of work. There are legal limits on the number of hours a teen can work per day or week—all states have laws regulating child labor in this way—but the rules vary by state. Most states allow teens between the ages of 16 and 18 to work without restrictions on hours worked during summer break when they’re out of school, but may restrict the number of hours they can work while in school. Check with your state’s labor department for more information on local laws that apply to teens who want to work part-time while still enrolled in school.
What jobs can 17 year olds get?
There are many jobs that you can get at 17 years old. You have a lot of options, and it is important to think about the kind of work you want to do before you start applying for jobs.
- What industry do you want to work in?
- Where would you like to live?
- What sector or industry are your parents in?
- Do any family members have experience in certain roles that might help with getting a job?
If you know what kind of role and position interests you, then this will make it easier when considering which companies may be suitable for your skills set.
What to consider when looking for a job as a 17 year old
- When you’re looking for a job as a 17-year-old, it’s important to understand what your experience will look like. Will you be working long hours? On the weekends? In an office, or with your hands?
- Here are some things to keep in mind:
- You will likely have to work harder than other people who are older than you and more experienced at doing the same jobs. Depending on what kind of work you do, this could mean long hours and physically demanding work that isn’t easy on anyone—but especially not on someone who doesn’t yet know what they’re doing and doesn’t yet have a lot of stamina or strength. Keep this in mind when deciding whether or not working as a 17-year-old is right for you!
Where 17 year olds can find work
17 year olds can find work at a variety of places, including local shops, fast food restaurants and local companies.
The first thing to do is to ask your school if they have any opportunities for work experience. They may be able to help you find something within their organisation or even help you make contact with local businesses that are looking for summer workers.
If this doesn’t sound like an option for you then there are plenty of other places to look: online advertisements on websites such as Indeed and Gumtree are popular ways to find part-time work during school holidays among young people; your parents might know people in the area who could give you some pointers about where to start looking for work too!
Using social media often works well too: post about what kind of job experience or skillset would help someone out at home (e.g., garden maintenance) and see who responds – often these kind folks may know someone else who needs help around their house or garden themselves so there’s no harm done by reaching out via social media channels!
Getting your first job as a teenager
You could apply for a job at the local shop or restaurant. To get this job, you will need good customer service skills, as well as good eye-to-hand coordination.
If you have an interest in writing and numbers, you could consider working as a bookkeeper or accountant. At school, take classes such as math and science to learn more about these subjects.
There are lots of options for getting a job as 17 year old.
For a 17 year old, there are lots of options for getting a job. You can work on your own or with friends and family members. You may want to spend some time working at a small business in your community, or even volunteering with an organization. As you look for jobs as a teenager, keep these things in mind:
- Be sure that you’re doing something legal! If you break the law working as an underage person, there could be serious consequences like fines and jail time.
- Find out what hours are available so that you can plan around schoolwork and other activities such as sports practices or choir rehearsals.
- Ask about pay requirements (if applicable). Some employers will ask for references from past employers before hiring someone who is under 18 years old; others will not require them at all because they don’t consider it necessary when hiring students
In this article, we’ve discussed how to get a job as a 17 year old. There are lots of options for getting work at this age and the best place to start is by researching what employers are hiring in your area. We recommend that you contact the employer directly or apply through their website if they have one. It’s also worth contacting recruitment agencies who might be able to help with finding suitable opportunities.