What is a good salary for a 25 year old may depend on who you are asking. Your parents might say a starting salary of $55,000 is a good salary for a 25 year old, while your spouse might say it’s only a good salary if it’s much higher.
A good salary for a 25 year old depends on a number of factors, including their experience, the industry they’re in, and their geographic location.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average 25 year old earns approximately $29,715 per year. This figure is based on median weekly earnings and includes data from all industries. However, this doesn’t tell us much about what kinds of jobs are available to someone at this age. For example, it would be misleading for someone to use this statistic as evidence that they should be earning more than $29K per year when there are only three jobs listed on Monster for their industry in their city.
If we look at other sources of information though—such as Glassdoor’s wage report or salary surveys—we can get a better idea of what kind of money people are actually making around the country. Glassdoor’s report shows that salaries vary widely depending on where you live: while software developers in San Jose earn an average annual salary of $150K, those working in Mobile, Alabama make $68K annually—a difference of over two-thirds!
What is a good salary for a 25 year old
Most of us are lucky enough to have a steady income by the time we reach 25: we’ve been working full-time jobs for several years, and might even have secured our first promotion or two. But if you’re part of that lucky group, do you know how your salary stacks up against others your age? We looked at data across the country to find out if you’re in line with what other people are earning at 25.
25 year old
- 25 year olds are young and still developing skills.
- 25 year olds are still learning about themselves, their strengths and weaknesses, and how to best utilize those strengths in their careers.
- 25 year olds are in the beginning stages of establishing a career (and thus income) for themselves.
- 25 year old adults are often married or partnered with children, which can make earning enough money to meet expenses difficult without assistance from others—such as parents or spouses who may earn more than the average person does at this age range; therefore it is worthwhile for them to consider working additional jobs or taking on side hustles outside their regular job(s) if they have time available during evenings/weekends/holidays etcetera so they can earn extra cash while also having plenty left over after paying bills/rent expenses each month (if possible).
$100,000 is a good salary for a 25-year-old.
This is especially true if you have a college degree, or even more so if you have a master’s degree or PhD.
By the time you are 35, this same amount of money could be considered low income.
$75,000 is a good salary for a 25 year old. A number of jobs pay this amount, including the following:
- Software engineer
If you’re interested in earning $75,000 in your first job out of college and want to get there as soon as possible, it’s important to start preparing now. Here are some tips for maximizing your chances of landing a high-paying job:
- Volunteer at least 10 hours per week. Volunteering shows employers that you’re willing to go above and beyond what is expected of you. This can also help build connections with people who will help open doors later on down the line—the best way to get ahead professionally is through networking!
- Try to get a job that you enjoy.
- Try to get a job that will help you learn and grow.
- Try to get a job that will help you build a career.
25 year olds should try for a salary of $100,000
- For some 25-year-olds, the salary they earn from their first job can be one of the largest single numbers on their pay stub. And if you’re lucky enough to land a job with a six figure salary, it’s hard to think of anything else that would feel better than seeing those zeros being added up at the end of each month.
But there are plenty of other factors at play here. You’ll have to consider not only what your skill set is worth in today’s market but also how much money you’re willing and able to make as well as what kind of lifestyle this money could support. These considerations will help inform your ultimate goal when negotiating for higher pay so let’s take a look:
As we’ve discussed, there are a few factors that go into determining your salary. In general, though, if you’re 25 years old and working in the United States, you should be earning at least $26k per year. If you make less than this amount, it may not be enough to support yourself and pay off any student loans or other debts that you might have accrued.