So what is the special education teacher salary with a bachelor’s degree? This is an important question, especially if you just graduated and are considering going into teaching as a profession. However, I’m sure many current teachers would also like to know how much they can expect to make in the long run, so if you’re one of those teachers that would like to get some answers on special education teacher salary and typical income statistics, then you are in luck.
The average salary for a special education teacher with a bachelor degree is around $36,000. This is higher than the average salary for general education teachers with a graduate degree ($35,000) and the average salary for elementary school teachers without a bachelor’s degree ($30,000).
Special education teacher salary with bachelor’s degree
Special education teachers with bachelor’s degrees tend to make more money than compare to those who don’t. The average salary is around $65,000 a year.
How much does a special education teacher earn with a bachelor’s degree?
There are a few different factors to consider when you’re looking at special education teacher salary with a bachelor’s degree:
- The region of the country in which you work
- Whether or not you have any additional credentials, such as a master’s degree or professional license
- The type of school system you work for (public, private, charter)
The top industries for these special education teachers with a bachelor’s degree
- Special education teachers can be employed in a variety of industries. The top industries for these special education teachers with a bachelor’s degree are educational services, nursing care facilities and state government.
- The top industries for these special education teachers with a master’s degree are educational services, state government and local government.
- The top industries for these special education teachers with a doctoral degree are nursing care facilities, local government and universities and professional schools (not medical).
The states that pay these special education teachers the most money
The states that pay these special education teachers the most money are:
- New Jersey
- New York
The states that pay these special education teachers the least money are: (1) South Dakota; (2) Alaska; (3) Wyoming; and (4) Montana.
The cities and metropolitan areas where these special education teachers earn the most
The salaries of special education teachers with bachelor’s degrees vary by state, city and metropolitan area. In general, the cities and metropolitan areas that pay these teachers the most are located in the southern part of the U.S., while those paying them less tend to be located in the midwest.
At a national level, there is a positive relationship between cost of living and salary. Within certain regions of the country, however, this correlation isn’t necessarily true (e.g., urban centers in Texas). For example:
- On average across America as a whole, there is no significant relationship between cost of living and salary—although there are some exceptions when it comes to specific cities (e.g., Chicago).
- The rates at which special education teachers earn higher salaries increases when moving inland away from coasts; however this trend is not consistent across all states (e.g., California)
What is a typical day like for someone with a bachelor’s degree working in this field?
A typical day for an elementary special education teacher with a bachelor’s degree usually consists of the following:
- Get up and go to work.
- Teach your students how to read, write, spell, and do math using different teaching methods. You may also teach them about other subjects like science, social studies or arts & crafts if you have time on your hands.
- Help with homework (if the student needs help) or assist parents with questions about their child’s progress and behavior at home.
This is a chart that shows you how much special education teachers earn by state.
If you’re interested in becoming a special education teacher with a bachelor’s degree, the average salary is $69,000 per year. However, there are some states where this profession pays more than others. The top five states that pay special education teachers the most money are:
- California – $79,000
- New York – $78,000
- Illinois – $77,000
- Massachusetts – $74,000
- Pennsylvania – $73,000
The top industries for these special education teachers also vary by state. The cities and metropolitan areas where these special education teachers earn the most include:
We believe that the future of digital textbooks is bright. More teachers will likely adopt these apps in the coming years, with an increasingly large ecosystem of features to stay current with evolving trends in educational technology. With tools like accessibility options, Albertson the butler, and customizable reading levels, individual students have more resources to keep up with their peers. On a classroom level, new interactive capabilities, like sharing material with other students, encourage teamwork and collaboration. We have only identified a few key features here, but there are numerous others being developed to enhance the textbook experience. Teachers and students alike stand to benefit from these innovations, and we can only wait and see how the world of education responds.