The acceptance rate at Loyola Marymount Film School is 57%.
This means that the school accepts just over half of their applicants. The remaining applicants are rejected.
Loyola Marymount Film School Acceptance Rate
Looking to take the next step in your film career? You’re probably looking at prestigious schools like Loyola Marymount University for your degree. But how do you get into the school of
Find your film school.
Film schools are the backbone of the film industry. You will find them all over the world, and they come in many shapes and sizes—public or private, for-profit or nonprofit, large or small. There are film programs at both community colleges and four-year universities; there are even some high schools with active film programs! If you’re thinking about going to film school but aren’t sure where to start, here’s everything you need to know:
- Why should I go to film school?
- How can I choose which one is right for me?
- What should I look for in a film school?
- What should I avoid in a film school?
What do you need to know about Loyola Marymount?
You should know that LMU is a small school located in Los Angeles. The university has a low acceptance rate, with only 29% of applicants being accepted. This means you need to apply to other schools as well if LMU is your top choice.
LMU’s alumni network is strong, with 85% of students going on to graduate studies or professional programs after graduating. The university has a strong film program and animation program, which accounts for its popularity among filmmakers and animators alike.
What is the Loyola Marymount film school acceptance rate?
- It’s low.
- Loyola Marymount University’s film school acceptance rate is 5%. That means LMU accepts about 5% of applicants. The average film school acceptance rate is 26%, which means that a lot of people apply but only a small portion get accepted to the school.
- You can see how this compares to other schools by looking at our list of top 10 colleges for filmmaking .
How many students are admitted to Loyola Marymount’s film school?
While LMU’s film school has a low acceptance rate, there are things you can do to boost your chances of being accepted and make a great application.
- Make sure that your portfolio is up-to-date.
- Include personal projects in your portfolio, but also pick choices that show what kind of student LMU values. For example, if you’re applying for the Film Production program and have no experience with animation or VFX (visual effects), it would be better to pick a project that demonstrates your technical prowess rather than one that shows off your acting skills.
What does the timeline for Loyola Marymount film school look like?
- Apply in September
- Deadline for applications is December 1st.
- Admissions decisions are made by mid-February.
- You’ll receive an email from the University if you are admitted by March 1st.
- If accepted, you must submit a $300 enrollment deposit by May 1st to hold your spot in the incoming class.
LMU has a low acceptance rate, but there are things you can do to boost your chances of being accepted and make a great application.
- Do your research. Find out what the film school is looking for and be sure to include those things in your application.
- Make sure you have a strong application. Make sure you have strong recommendations, a strong resume, and a solid portfolio of work that represents what you have accomplished in the industry or as an amateur filmmaker.
- Be prepared to be interviewed. This is another area where LMU differs from many other schools; they conduct face-to-face interviews rather than just accept applications based on GPA and test scores alone.
- Make sure you have a strong personal statement. While most schools want an essay about why you want to attend their institution, one thing that sets LMU apart from many other universities is that they also require applicants to write a personal statement (about 500 words) on why they are passionate about filmmaking (or whatever direction they would like their studies at LMU).
So what’s next? We’ve just scratched the surface of LMU’s acceptance rate, but now it’s time to get to work. If you’re interested in applying to this prestigious program, we hope you’ll take our suggestions into consideration as you create your application. Good luck!