I am a graphic design student and this internship is something that I would love to do. I am looking for an internship where I can learn more about graphic design, while also gaining experience in the field. My main goal of doing this internship would be to gain more skills and experience so that I can have a better chance at landing a job after graduation.
I have been working as an intern at [company name] for the past year, and have recently completed my requirements for my internship. During this time, I was able to learn about many different aspects of graphic design and was able to work with many different designers on various projects. This gave me a better understanding of how graphic design works in real life, rather than just in the classroom.
I am currently enrolled at [college/university name], where I am studying Graphic Design with a minor in Business Management. While attending school full-time, I have also been working part-time at [company name] during my senior year. This has helped me gain valuable experience in the field of Graphic Design/Illustration while still being able to focus on my studies.
Internship For Graphic Design
For aspiring graphic designers, an internship is the best way to get their foot in the door and build valuable connections that could lead to a full-time job. A graphic designer intern usually works under the supervision of an experienced graphic designer that explains the tricks of the trade to them. Interns get to participate in design campaigns and work on projects such as logo redesigns. They gain practical experience with technical tools that many graphic designers use, such as HTML and InDesign. However, interns also need to take care of basic administrative tasks such as communicating with clients and updating databases.
The average salary for a graphic designer internship is $32,215 a year. However, many internships are unpaid or offer only class credit as compensation.
Most graphic designer interns either have a bachelor’s degree in graphic design or are college students. Since this is an entry-level position, interns don’t need many years of professional experience. However, it helps to have a few graphic design projects in their portfolio to make their application stand out.
There is more than meets the eye when it comes to being a Graphic Designer Internship. For example, did you know that they make an average of $18.69 an hour? That’s $38,885 a year!
Between 2018 and 2028, the career is expected to grow 3% and produce 8,800 job opportunities across the U.S.
What Does a Graphic Designer Internship Do
There are certain skills that many Graphic Designer Interns have in order to accomplish their responsibilities. By taking a look through resumes, we were able to narrow down the most common skills for a person in this position. We discovered that a lot of resumes listed Analytical skills, Artistic ability and Communication skills.Learn More About What A Graphic Designer Internship Does
How To Become a Graphic Designer Internship
If you’re interested in becoming a Graphic Designer Internship, one of the first things to consider is how much education you need. We’ve determined that 70.8% of Graphic Designer Interns have a bachelor’s degree. In terms of higher education levels, we found that 2.2% of Graphic Designer Interns have master’s degrees. Even though most Graphic Designer Interns have a college degree, it’s possible to become one with only a high school degree or GED.
Choosing the right major is always an important step when researching how to become a Graphic Designer Internship. When we researched the most common majors for a Graphic Designer Internship, we found that they most commonly earn Bachelor’s Degree degrees or Associate Degree degrees. Other degrees that we often see on Graphic Designer Internship resumes include High School Diploma degrees or Master’s Degree degrees.
You may find that experience in other jobs will help you become a Graphic Designer Internship. In fact, many Graphic Designer Internship jobs require experience in a role such as Graphic Designer. Meanwhile, many Graphic Designer Interns also have previous career experience in roles such as Internship or Sales Associate.
- newSummer Intern – Graphic DesignGUESS?. INC.3.6Los Angeles, CAInternship
- To provide general administrative and functional support to the department that the intern has been assigned to.
- No relocation assistance will be provided.
- newProduct Design 2022 Summer InternshipSpotify4.3Remote in New York, NYEstimated $43.2K – $54.6K a yearInternship
- Work on design projects across the entire product lifecycle.
- You have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts.
- Graphic Design InternACLU4.3Temporarily Remote in Miami, FL 33137$15 an hourPart-time+1
- Website and multimedia graphics and design collateral.
- Digital design and/or print experience on Mac OS.
- Interns can expect to work on a variety of branding and…
- Graphic Design Intern – Summer ’22ClareRemotePart-time+1
- A passion for home and design is a plus.
- We offer valuable experience, hourly pay, or school credit, plus a fun, diverse and collaborative working environment.
- Graphic design internLamington Co.RemoteEstimated $24.8K – $31.4K a yearPart-time+1
- Organize files in Google Drive.
- You pick up new tools and software quickly.
- A current or recent undergraduate student.
- Graphic Design InternshipReGrainedRemoteEstimated $23.9K – $30.3K a yearInternship
- Compelling portfolio of graphic design work.
- Use graphic design software and work with a wide variety of media.
- Create and design digital materials.
- Marketing Design InternRemeshRemote in Cleveland, OH$2,500 a monthFull-time+1
- Working directly with the Marketing Design Team to design web-based graphics.
- Ability to plan and execute design work based on wireframes or sketches.
- Graphic Design Internship ProgramKansas City MagazineOverland Park, KS 66225Estimated $25.4K – $32.2K a yearPart-time+1
- Closely with the advertising, design, production and digital departments.
- Are expected to work 20 hours per week.
- Graphic Design InternWelcome HomesHybrid remote in New York, NY 10010$20 an hourFull-time+1
- Assist with some print and web design.
- This is a full time, paid internship.
- You will be expected to work from our NYC office 2-3 days per week and will have…
- newDesign InternWalker SandsRemote in Chicago, IL 60661Estimated $31.5K – $39.9K a yearFull-time+1
- Basic knowledge of layouts, typography, line composition, color and other graphic design fundamentals.
- Create and design marketing materials.
- Graphic Design InternMUNALUCHI BRIDERemote in Mount Holly, NJEstimated $28.2K – $35.6K a yearInternship
- Consistency in design and strong attention to detail.
- Layout and design of various projects including event invites, blog graphics, banner ads, marketing…
- newGraphic Design InternshipAmerican Fidelity Assurance3.5Oklahoma City, OK 73114Estimated $23K – $29.2K a yearPart-time+2
- Revise or design marketing materials.
- Conceptualize, develop, design, and revise visual communication materials for print, web, and video for external audiences…
- newDesign Intern (Paid Position 🙂ArtVersionChicago, ILInternship
- Work on campaign communication design and visual storytelling.
- Participate in activities from project research, and planning to execution.
- Design InternBarrel4.1RemoteFull-time+1
- Previous design internship experience within an agency is a plus.
- Research design trends and consumer behaviors.
- Possess an interest in eCommerce/Retail.
- newDigital Design InternCrocs3.7Broomfield, CO 80023$17 an hourInternship
- Recently graduated or in the stages of earning a creative design degree (or similar design experience).
- The Digital Design Intern will work directly with our…